Home | Zones | Log in | Register

Anime

Nobody
 ⬇︎ 
First PageFirst | Previous PagePrev | Page 4 of /7 | Next PageNext | Last PageLast

I saw the JP blu-ray rips too and those were good. I think the version I had used the subs imported from the Plats.

私 繰り返す

thank u for the tips 🙏

bird on skateboard

i watched Gunbuster on nico nico douga so it was like having commentary track turned on
helped me understand all the parodies and shit it was fun
prob wouldnt watch eva like that tho

bird on skateboard

I’m not usually a dub guy, but I went back and compared the 90s ADV dub vs. Netflix’s new dub of Evangelion and the ADV one was WAY better. Netflix’s voices were so damn lifeless.

私 繰り返す

damn i didnt know netflix like redid it or w/e

bird on skateboard

Yeah Netflix also changed up the translations and even made em worse in some places.

私 繰り返す

Unforgivable…

bird on skateboard

On the other hand, I will give them credit for FINALLY localizing Saint Seiya, and they did a decent job of subbing it.

私 繰り返す

ive always wondered why doesnt netflix just fucking fund haruhi 3 or any of those other sequels people have been wanting forever

im sure theres some bs reasons but idk

bird on skateboard

Tiko, if you watch EVA, I would highly recommend the Platinum DVD set (or a rip of it). Avoid the Netflix version.

GKIDs and a couple of euro labels are doing a new blu-ray set but none of them have put out any real details on whats gonna be included or what sources theyre pullin from

hopefully they dont put the netflix dub on there

The OJ way™

I’m not usually a dub guy, but I went back and compared the 90s ADV dub vs. Netflix’s new dub of Evangelion and the ADV one was WAY better. Netflix’s voices were so damn lifeless.

they also changed a bunch of dialog to censor shit or somethin iirc

The OJ way™

hmm what animes should i watch next. i will save Eva for later

bird on skateboard

i should probably update my Anime List but i havent touched that shit in like 10 yrs

bird on skateboard

OJ and I both switched to AniList years ago after MAL’s server went down for months.

私 繰り返す

oic

bird on skateboard

Don’t tell me you also haven’t seen Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica

私 繰り返す

i have but not the movies. totally forgot about them. watched it on-air back in the day

bird on skateboard

love it btw

bird on skateboard

Series is overall better than the movies IMO, though the movies do have some cool re-vamped scenes. I’m very mixed on Rebellion though. Hated the ending.

私 繰り返す

In terms of newer shows, I’d recommend Vinland Saga. I’ve only given perfect scores to about a dozen shows out of my 1300+ watches, and that was one of em.

私 繰り返す

oh damn, really? i’ll keep that in mind

bird on skateboard

Odd Taxi is also the best show so far of 2021 IMO. Pretty dang close to perfect.

私 繰り返す

ty 4 rexx

bird on skateboard

i’d liek to like post reviews or watch logs or something here b/c it’s public and surprisingly googleable but effort u know

bird on skateboard

Series is overall better than the movies IMO, though the movies do have some cool re-vamped scenes. I’m very mixed on Rebellion though. Hated the ending.

original theater audio insane homura owned and made the movie 10 times better

The OJ way™

i’d liek to like post reviews or watch logs or something here b/c it’s public and surprisingly googleable but effort u know

its true

effort posting in tyool 2021 is very hard

The OJ way™

original theater audio insane homura owned and made the movie 10 times better

I saw Rebellion in theaters, and the audio of the girls chasing each other around at the start in surround sound was insane to hear.

私 繰り返す

The eyecatch was really good though. GUN BUSTERRRR

The SD chibi science bits were dope too

Trying too hard

CHA lA

Shark Cat

HEAD CHA LA

Shark Cat

FUCKING!!!!!!!

Shark Cat

No sex havers

i love anime and alcohol and i’m all out of anime

Shark Cat

No sex havers

Are there any situations where sexhaving would be acceptable? How about these two hypothetical situations?

1. The Video Girl Ai scenario - magical video rental shop gives you a magic video cassette that when played causes a girl (in this case, 18+) to emerge from the screen for a short period of time, shenanigans and emotions ensue. Would it be okay to sexhave with the video girl?

2. Selling my body at $25 a pop to a group of strangers in order to fund my increasingly expensive anime Betamax and LD import habit?

Trying too hard

On the other hand, I will give them credit for FINALLY localizing Saint Seiya, and they did a decent job of subbing it.

lol my anime night watched saint seiya with subs and spanish dubs

it was hilarious

(one of the people in the group is from puerto rico and i think he watched it that way growing up)

Don’t tell me you also haven’t seen Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica

i havent

im an anime newb

In terms of newer shows, I’d recommend Vinland Saga. I’ve only given perfect scores to about a dozen shows out of my 1300+ watches, and that was one of em.

friggen love vinland saga

Remember anime?

Trying too hard

think anime is dead?

bird on skateboard

not yet since ‘the final season’ wasn’t final

Shark Cat

They meant final like the Final in Final Fantasy

Trying too hard

what’s the deal with tokyo revengers

it looks like the manga is very well regarded but i dropped the anime and don’t hear anyone talk about it ever so idk if i did wrong

Shark Cat

2021-08-17.png

thanks google

bird on skateboard

2021-08-17.png

thanks google

lmao how is this real

Shark Cat

Pook drops every anime lmao

私 繰り返す

Pook drops every anime lmao

The OJ way™

might watch an anime

bird on skateboard

might watch an anime

i wonder if the digimon adventure i watched when i was a kid is as sorta abstract as this current 2021 version lol

Shark Cat

LOTGH 65
Slayers NEXT 9
Dr Stone: Stone Wars 4
Dirty Pair Flash 3
Getter Robo Arc 10
Gall Force 3
Iczer-girl Iczelion Act II
Bleach 53

i dont think i’ve posted my group’s watch list in a few weeks

Read more
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top